La Vie En Wine, The Beginning

La Vie En Wine -  This is the beginning of a story of my life in wine.

Photo: La Vie En Wine standing just inside the gates of Brassfield Winery in Lake County wine country (early Spring)

Like many people, I have loved wine from my first sip, but it was not until moving to California from the East Coast that I truly discovered wine as a passion. Having of course, heard of the legends of Napa and Sonoma, and now living in San Francisco, I began exploring  - driving up 30 minutes over the Golden Gate Bridge and finding myself in a beautiful land completely opposite of the city - with mountains, valleys, pastures, and of course, and most interesting to me, vineyards. 

In the four plus years since my very first visit and proper winery tasting, I've learned much about the practice and methodology of wine making and wine tasting. More practically, I've more or less inadvertently, cultivated a wine country lifestyle or 'la vie en wine', as I like to put it. 

I'm often asked by friends back on the East Coast, coworkers in California, and followers all over the world from my Instagram page, for recommendations, do and don't, tips and tricks. This blog is designed to be the accumulation of this knowledge - for the person planning a first trip to wine country all the way to the experienced taster who is looking for something unique or off the beaten path.     

This is La Vie En Wine, and there is so much more to wine than what you taste from the bottle.


Comments